Mom and I took a little daytrip to Segovia. It was a lovely day full of history, giggles, and wandering. I'd forgotten how beautiful Segovia can be on a bright sunny day.
Pidgeon on the aquaduct.
We walked from one end of the aquaduct to the other. This stone adorned the "dry" end.
The Alcazar. Somehow I didn't get a picture of the entire facade. Sorry! I have this same picture, only taken in December, from two years ago.
The hall of the kings. Each of those kings is a statuette.
The tower.
Mom is tired after climbing the tower without stopping. Go mom go!!
The view from the tower: wheatfields.
Segovia from the tower.
Me!
Giggling about the chuches and other fun stuff.
Awww! We're so funny!!
Stork nest. Looks like I could use another telephoto lens....
Zoom out!!!
Okay, fine. I'll ask someone to take our picture for us. Mom is always right.
Details of the Cathedral.
The Cathedral closed before we could venture inside.
My favorite part was when the puppet would pause in her playing to brush her hair behind her shoulder.
Dramatic light in a dramatic plaza.
Overlooking the city.
Well, if you're going to eat a baby pig, it might as well be a happy one.
Under an El Greco sky.
They were preparing for a concert. What a romantic venue!
Another pretty church on the way to the aquaduct.
Mom with our delicious meal of pig hind quarter, gambas ajillo (garlic shrimp), and sopa castillana. Que rico. Cochinillo is traditional in Segovia and they go wild for it. I personally think it's a bit too rich.
And this little piggy was lunch.
Iced coffee and ice cream to end our lovely day. Sigh....
No comments:
Post a Comment