
Mom, Dad, and I took a little break from the heat in San Sebastian. Like an idiot, I packed only Madrid clothes and was borrowing Mom's sweaters until I bought my own. It was beautiful, fresh, and full of the lovely Cantabrian Sea. I miss water so much! Here are a few of mom and my photos.

Sigh. I ran every day along the water--peering down the cliffs at the waves below.

Mom and dad along the boardwalk.

On the docks.

Pretty building on the warf. All the buildings on the warf have tile siding. Smart.

One of the many gorgeous little gardens around the city.

We had a tree just like this at our house in Spokane. Their flowers are pink and look just like the smokey leaves.

The Neo-gothic cathedral.

More pretty Cathedral.

I agree.

Awwww.

Just like home.

Can you see Jesus in the background? He turned green at night.




The boardwalk. There is a Tin Tin book that features San Sebastian and this very boardwalk.




After my first visit ever to a casino. In honor of Mark and Sarah. We didn't win anything.

The pretty streets in the old quarter.

These are pinxhos. Pinxhos are delightful treats often served with hefty toothpicks through them. With such a wide variety, we never repeated a meal.

Sidra (not quite the same as apple cider--more acidic and savory), pinxhos, and smiles.

Late night revelry.

Still smiling. Forty years.

Giggling at that hot waiter. Aww, ma! You're so silly. Way too much fun, the poor waiter probably thought we were totally nuts, but we didn't care. I asked for pan con tomate and he had no clue. Is that just a southern thing in Spain? He brought me toast with sliced tomato fixed with a little olive oil. Surprisingly delicious, but not the same. Lots of giggles.

Lovely Plaza de Constitucíon.

Cool lamps near the gazebo.

Getting ready for the protest the next day. It was impressive how many people turned out for it. I hope Spain is able to do something with all these protests and actually see some changes made.

We hiked all the way up to see the fort and this iconic statue of Jesus. Dad just couldn't get over how much it seemed that Jesus was giving us the finger. I have to agree.

Boats with my telephoto lens. Happy me.


That could be us, if we can just make it down this darn mountain....


Bzzzzzzzz.

The fort.

The roof of the fort.









Mom and Dad enjoying the blissful piles of mejillones.

At the mussel restaurant. Best mussels ever for super cheap. Bliss.

Dad is happy to be at a beach. Dream realized.

Beeeaaach! And fun glasses.


After my lovely run around the bay.


So many reasons to love San Sebastian. Mom took this picture for me and we giggled a lot at this cafe, much to Dad's amusement.

The obligatory feet picture.

Each of the three steel structures weighs over two tons. They're awesome.

I borrowed Mom's sweater after my run because I was cold. It had a ponytail hole! Weird.

Lovely sculptures by a native artist. Well worth the run out to the other end of the bay. Twice.
1 comment:
Love those big smiles!
Post a Comment