Friday, January 1, 2010

Bonne Année

"Happy New Year!"

This year for Christmas, I got my wish. Some middle school students had interviewed me for the school newspaper in November asking me, "Ms. Forslund, what do you want for Christmas?" and I answered, "I want my family to visit me." Mere weeks after telling my parents this story, I received an email from Mom saying, "is it still okay if I come?" YES!!! Anyway, it was so wonderful to have her here. She met me in Paris and we traveled back to Madrid--so she was able to see my home and neighborhood as well.

She and I get along so well and I was really sad to see her go. I had no idea we were so well suited to traveling together! And it was really special to have experienced Europe through her fresh eyes. It reminded me of all the little things that had me doe-eyed and rubber-necked during my first few months. Really, the entire experience was like a cozy dream, full of hot cocoa, giggles, and the ease of being with someone who will always love you no matter how grumpy or weird or chatty you are.


New Year's Eve at the Louvre.
My favorite moment:
Mom approaches a statue of Neptune, "Is that Herpes?"
Both of us laughed so hard we were getting dirty looks from the docents.


Mom and the Mime get down and funky.



Marionette window display on Rue Haussmen.



I kind of felt like I was taking pictures up a lady's skirt. There's something satisfyingly french about that.




1 comment:

HL said...

Ah yes Herpes, the messenger of the gods...Hope you're feeling better!