Olga, Anna, and I took the bus to Avila to see the renaissance fair a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I broke my camera with a wicked jab of the hip the next morning. I've been heart broken--especially since I only just bought it in August. Will I ever stop my clumsy ways? Will I ever be graceful and bruise free? Alas. Enjoy these last shots from a truly fabulous (and barely used) camera. RIP.
Making friends with the doughnut man is a good life-skill: tasty free sample.
Sweet Arabian treats.
The spiciest thing I've eaten in Spain. Spanish people are unusually sensitive to spice and often warn you when something is "picante". Sometimes this means that it was lightly peppered. The guy seemed impressed that Olga, Anna, and I asked for more sauce. All three of us were chugging our beers to put out the fire that built up bite after bite. Whoops. It sure was delicious though!
The old walls of Avila.
Nothing like going to a real midieval town for a renaissance fair. The best part was the falconers' exhibition at the end. And this lucky shot I took as the trainer walked by with a hawk in each hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment