Thursday, August 7, 2008

Four More Days

Welcome to my blog! Hooray!

This blog will tell the story of my newest adventure: a year (or so) in Spain. This is huge, I don't even speak much Spanish! I've never visited Europe and as a ferocious admirer of the arts, I can imagine I'll be beside myself with glee 90% of the time. Don't worry though, I'm sure I'll have plenty of drama and juicy details to share as well.

I leave in just four days for Boston to visit one of my favorite people in the world, Kent the Poet. After a few days of sweltering Beantown I leave for Madrid. In Madrid I will have one week to find a roommate, apartment, and my bearings before starting workshops and getting to know my master teacher. I will be an intern in a second grade classroom at the American School of Madrid.

I've begun this blog here in Bellingham so I don't have many amazing pictures to share, thus the adorable picture of Mark and I dancing to Terry's prolific piano playing. I figured this was more interesting than the highly enthusiastic pictures of radishes I took out in the garden this afternoon. Don't thank me yet, I may still post them! If you'd like to read up on my last adventure, three weeks in NYC, click on the link to Jamie's Excellent Adventures at the bottom of this page.

I love to write and I am honored to have your attention. We'll see how I do: learning Spanish, navigating an ancient and confusing city, winning the hearts of seven-year-olds, and exploring Europe. Really, will that be me? Mmmmmm.... Four more days.

And now for something completely different...


1 comment:

Jason Bendickson said...

Very fun! Hope you have a great time!