Monday, May 31, 2010

Yo pinto por la primavera


I've been busy! These are some of the paintings I've been working on lately. With my internet broken, my phone broken, and new speakers to hook up to my computer, I have a feeling that this painting kick is only going to get better. This particular painting was a weekend project using a photograph I took of a little girl in Chefchauoen. I'm still working on it; something must be done with the background. This is my balcony, by the way. You can see some of the creative graphitti on the building below.

Tired of having a bunch of screaming faces in my apartment (flamenco portraits are not a cheery subject), I painted this one as a sort of joke. I need to play up the clownishness a bit more, but it's been fun to paint! Pouty lower lips are my new specialty.


I hated this painting until recently. It's been frustrating me since September or so, but with some rust orange and crazy greens, I'm beginning to like it a bit more. We'll see how much more it evolves when I get the original photograph (taken at a flamenco show last year) out to compare.


No comments: