Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bonjour Madame!

For two weeks, I am staying in a little village called Villenes Sur Seine. Just outside of Paris, Villenes has one road and a wonderful bakery. The first day and a half I spent at the house with the family, trying to be helpful and such with my dear friend Molly who was stuck in Madrid and had a grand total of three flight cancellations. I finally made it out to Villenes on Sunday for a quiet walk. This is the City Hall.











Olivia is totally bundled!
The family whose house I'm lending is incredibly gracious and generous. They helped me navigate the trains, took me grocery shopping, and fed me for the first few days. I feel so spoiled! And the sweet brother/brother-in-law helped me find my way home from the city in the midst of train strikes and chaos. Olivia and Celine (11 months and 4 years) are unbelievably cute children and so much fun! If I hadn't had this nasty cold I would have snuggled Olivia within an inch of her life. :)




Au Champs Elysee....





Government building near Champs Elysee.







Pont Alexandre (?)





The Seine







Montmatre could be in the running for my favorite neighborhood. It feels a lot like my barrio in Madrid--a little trendy in a funky sort of way with history and flower shops and old markets. Many movies were filmed here, including Amelie.

No comments: