
Ms. Forslund at Fun and Fitness Day.
I love my job. It's hard work, and sometimes I'm not very good at it, but I love my job. Part of the bittersweet love I feel is tainted by the knowledge that I don't want to do this for very long. Yes, I enjoy teaching, yes I love this age group, but I don't think I would be happy doing this as a career. I am so thankful to have the opportunity and great fortune to give teaching a little bit of a try for these two years. Not many people have had the opportunity to try as many different walks of life as I have.
However, I like the person I am when I'm with the kids. It's something that comes easily to me right now and I'm thankful for that. Every day I feel myself becoming more and more fun for the children. Now I love teaching math, look forward to recess and lunch duty (which I dreaded at the beginning), and I'm writing my own lesson plans for social skills. The love my students show me is the main reason I've felt so at home here in Spain. Will something change my mind before I leave the American School? Will I decide to start my teaching career? I admit that the thought occurs to me often. It certainly would be an easier path than as a professional artist.
1 comment:
I love that picture. You look so happy!
Post a Comment