Hola.
Yesterday I got home and bagged all my other plans to work on a new banner for the blog. I hadn't needed to use Photoshop in a while and wanted to fool around with it a bit to make sure I was still proficient.
The banner was made from a quick watercolor portrait study I did with a student a while back. She and I painted each other but my painting of her looked more like me than it did of her. This I layered with a photo I took of myself and matched up the eyes. The colors of both the photo and the watercolor have been enhanced to make the words stand out in certain ways and to keep the colors brilliant even with the layering. The Spanish phrases are phrases I use the most and therefore they pop out of conversations I overhear on the metro and in the street, especially if I'm not paying attention. The phrases in English are lines from songs I listen to often on my iPod when moving around the city.
It was a pain to figure out the sizing etc... If I get bored in the future I might tweak it some more. I hope you like it!
The Last Day
19 years ago
2 comments:
It looks beautiful! I liked reading your last long post. But I'm not quite sure of one thing: was it a tragedy or triumph that you dressed down for the party?
p.s. I passed on the message to my old co-workers to keep an eye out for a letter.
I guess that's the point. I'm not sure if it was a triumph or tragedy. I am still working on being comfortable with my body, but I'd have to say I'm pretty comfortable with who I am.
Post a Comment